A few weeks back I had this craving to spend some time with my friend Alli. Problem is, she lives in Oregon. . . kinda hard to get together. I cashed in some credit card miles for free tickets and made plans to spend the weekend with Alli. Even though Josh has been super busy at work he said that between both our moms and him that Abi would be taken care of. So off I went to Beaverton/Portland by myself!!! The last time I went anywhere for a girl weekend was when I was 12 and I flew to Oregon to see my friend Anna, I know it's weird Oregon takes my friends away from me :-(
I flew out on a Thursday morning and arrived in Portland about 12:30. Alli picked me up the airport and we headed to Ikea for lunch and a little shopping. We hung out in the afternoon and went to a yummy sushi place for dinner with Ben and Clark.
Friday morning Alli, Clark and I went to their church's vacation bible school program to check it out while Ben was doing games in the morning. They had over 800 kids at their church that week, what an amazing sight! Friday afternoon Alli and I set out to do some shopping before our big night out. Alli had found some cool fabric stores and a delicious French restaurant that serves crepes. We had wonderful crepes and champagne for dinner and walked over to the Bagdad Theater (http://www.mcmenamins.com/219-bagdad-theater-pub-home) to see Dirty Dancing on origianal 35mm film strip, so AWESOME! The theater was built in the 20's and was really pretty.
Saturday we went to the Woodburn outlets ands did some serious shopping. Saturday night we stayed in for dinner and Alli and I watched a girl movie. Sunday we went to church and did more shopping, of course! There is this super cool store called Craft Warehouse, it's way better than Michael's or Joann's, but only in Oregon :-( and we went shopping there twice. Sunday night for dinner we all went to another McMenamins called Rock Creek Tavern (http://www.mcmenamins.com/243-rock-creek-tavern-home). I had a delicious dinner of ribs and tots along with a Ruby beer, I don't like beer too much but liked this one a lot!
Monday morning I planned on seeing another friend that had moved to Oregon when we were 11 and I have seen her a few times in the last 17 years but it had been a long time since our last visit. Anna lives in Salem (about an hour south of Portland) and met me in downtown Portland to take me to the airport. I went to Alli's work and said goodbye and off I was with Anna to enjoy lunch and some catching up. It was so great to see friends and have an awesome girl weekend and I can't wait to be in Oregon again, but I doubt it will be alone the next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment