Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Abi is 2!

It is true Abi turned 2!
I cannot believe it, but she has officially started her third year of life!
Of course to celebrate we threw a big party and I worked for weeks getting everything planned and ready.  This year's party was a little different in that we were not leaving for a 2 week vacation the day after Abi's party, so the weeks leading up to the party were just planning not packing too.  I don't know how to throw a party that isn't great so I got to work.  I wanted to make centerpieces that were 2's painted red, black dots and pipe cleaners to make them look like ladybugs, oh yeah that was the theme for this years party.  I also made a banner using my friend Chris's cricut, it turned out great and I was really happy with it!  My favorite creation was probably Abi's Cake, my sister-in-law is an amazing baker but has shown me a few tricks of the trade.  She helps me out by baking the cake and I get the fun but more time consuming part of decorating the cake.  This cake was my third creation and I think it turned out great!  It took a few more hours (thanks to Denise it didn't take as long as it could have) than I had planned but nonetheless I was still happy with it.
The party was tons of fun and Abi was blessed to have so many people come who love her and want to shower her with gifts.  Abi even kept on the tutu that I had made for her all night and seemed to enjoy the extra attention.  I do have to make special mention about Abi's most special gift, made by Jolie.  The #2 shirt and matching skirt were a hit and Jolie did an amazing job on Abi's outfit!
The past 2 years have been an awesome journey, I have learned the gift of being a Mom and love my job.  God has entrusted me in raising this little girl and I take it very seriously, every day is a blessing.  Some may be a challenge but every moment I am surprised by Abi.  I look forward to the next year and all the fun it will bring.

No comments: