Well, it's been a while since I've posted to our blog and this time I can say that I haven't done anything (that I think) to embarrass myself this time.
Once we got Abi's room done (she's still not here yet), I moved on to my next major project. Before we left for our vacation to Oregon we purchased a 75 gallon fish tank and stand. It was quite a decision to make as our prior tank was only 40 gallons and was doing pretty well (whenever we cleaned it).
After quite a bit of work and only having to buy a few things (including a sump and pump to filter the water) we've got our new aquarium up and running. All of our existing fish have made the move well so far. We only found one of them in the overflow area of the tank and put them back in the main tank once we found them.
What has been grabbing the most of our attention this weekend was the additions to the tank. We purchased two freshwater Crayfish for the tank. They're each about 3-4" from claw to tail when extended and they're a lot of fun to watch. They've found their own caves in the tank and have proceeded to dig them out so they can be the only ones in them. The younger one (shorter claws) seems to be more energetic (borderline ADHD) and has spent countless time running around the tank doing laps. The older one (longer & more colorful claws) seems to like to stay secluded and only come out to eat.
They don't seem to be bothering the other fish at all and are fun to watch.
Here are some pictures of our new tank and those who call it home. Our plan is to eventually switch out to cichlids but we're not quite ready for that yet.
Let us know what you think!
1 comment:
Looks Good, guys! But, I am a bit dissapointed that there isn't a picture of the dancing trees. hee hee. Just kidding. Steph says that the lobster/crayfish things are much more entertaining!
Post a Comment