Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Day that Came and Went

Well, here we are at the end of 9/13/2008 (the due date for Abi to arrive) with no Abi in our arms. Both Steph and I are quite ready (she is more than I for obvious reasons) for her to join us. The wagers for who would guess the due date have come and gone with no one winning and many are disappointed that Abi didn't bring them the victory.

Based on our Non-Stress Test that was done at the hospital yesterday, Abi is quite comfortable where she's at (much to mommy's frustration). Abi is not worried at all and doesn't seem to be concerned about the journey she will be going through soon. Little does she know that she cannot stay there forever.

In hopes of persuading Abi to make a move, I gave her a stern talking to today. I let her know that if she could see herself that she isn't really that comfortable and that there is much better food out here. I told her to do her excercises and start making her way out but she didn't listen. According to Steph's mom we're getting exactly what she had asked for many years ago; a child as stubborn as Steph was.

Our doctor came up with the plan this week. If Abi doesn't show up by Tuesday we've got another NST scheduled in the morning and a check-up that afternoon. Depending on how both of those go, if Abi is still being stubborn and is content where she is, Steph will be induced on Friday at 6AM. We're praying that it doesn't get to be that long but if it does we at least know that we'll have Abi in our arms sometime on Friday (hopefully not Saturday).

Stay tuned for the updates as we go through this leg of this journey. Below is a picture of Steph at 40 weeks 0 days.

No comments: