Well, I've successfully finished my first week with the Fresno County Sheriff. It was an exciting week of orientation and getting familiar with my workarea. I spent 2 1/2 great days in orientation with Fresno County. It included topics of insurance, retirement, customer service, how not to harass, how to leave my domestic violence at home and my favorite topic - defensive driving. Needless to say, I wish there wasn't a need to go over all of this stuff with new employees, but I understand why they have to cover it.
From what I understand I'll be doing a bunch of work with databases and crystal reports. I'll also be working on Laserfiche, the system that I used to be a vendor for (and my favorite EDMS). For now, I'm not sure what else I'll be doing but I'm sure I'll know more in the coming weeks.
The people I've met so far seem to be very cool and hopefully will be good to work with. I'm looking forward to getting to know them as I get to work with them on projects and learn about their systems. Once they finish with their major project on Tuesday I should be able to work with them more and get a better feel for what I'll be doing in the future.
So the best thing about working for Fresno County, holidays. Tomorrow will be my first official paid holiday with Fresno County. It's one of 11 that I'll get to enjoy throughout each year. I'm totally looking forward to it and will spend my time working around the house.
Until next time . . .
Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment