Once again Josh had a business trip in Las Vegas to attend a conference, but this year was different, I got to come but Abi stayed home with both sets of grandparents. Josh flew out on Saturday morning and I flew out on Sunday night. By the time of this trip I was about 9 weeks pregnant and not horribly sick but enough that Josh felt better about me being there with him and not having to take care of Abi by myself for a week. Even if I spent the whole week sick at least I just had to take care of myself. Up until that point I hadn't been that sick just a little queezy but the flight over there was a bit rough. It was raining in Fresno and Las Vegas had high winds. The whole flight was bumpy and I spent most of the time in the bathroom trying to not get sick. I eventually had to make my way back to my seat and when we started to land that's when my body decided to get sick. . . .need I say more?
Our room was nice same as we had last year but facing Red Rock Canyon instead of the strip. While Josh was in meetings I had freedom to roam Las Vegas. I drove to Primm to a huge outlet center and spent the afternoon shopping without a toddler! Another day I spend driving and walking around Red Rock Canyon, I was able to do this last year but had Abi with me and couldn't do as much. One night Josh was able to get me into the night club where they had dinner and entertainment but I unfortunately had to leave early because I was feeling very sick. I went upstairs to our room and ordered room service, it was 9:00 and all I wanted was raisin bran and an English muffin :-( but it was delicious and hit the spot. I then enjoyed the HUGE soaker tub, took a bubble bath and watched cable on the flat screen tv mounted to the wall of the bathroom, i was sure spoiled for a few days!
Red Rock Canyon:
On our last day in Las Vegas Josh and I drove to Mt. Charleston. It is about 45 minutes north-west of Las Vegas and has a ski resort during the winter. It was pretty quite and we would have done some hiking but didn't have the whole day since we were flying out that evening. We drove around and even found some snow! It was a beautiful area and it would be nice to hike there in the future.
This trip was fun and relaxing at least for me, we both missed Abi but it was nice to get away just the two of us!




No comments:
Post a Comment