Before opening gifts we always start with my Dad reading the Christmas story from the Bible but this year we changed it up a little by reading one of Abi’s Christmas books. I think we all liked the story because it was shorter. Then we move on to the opening of the gifts. Abi planted herself on a box in the middle of the room and was pretty happy sitting there while we went around opening gifts.
Denise and I made these awesome pillows for Aaron "Ctrl", "Alt" and "Del" buttons, he thought they were pretty cool and we were happy that we found a sewing project that we could make for him. After our immediate family opened gifts we had dinner and the rest of our family came over for another round of gift opening and we were all tired and ready for bed.
Christmas Day starts bright and early at 8:30am. I have always disliked this time because every year before the last two this was my first day off in 2 weeks! But the last 2 years were different and I made sure that i was not working on Christmas Eve but morning is still not one of my favorite times of the day, oh well.
First we had to do our Christmas with the 3 of us. Josh and I just filled stockings for each other and Abi and also got Abi a few gifts. I made our stocking for this year and bought more fabric so I can make more. I think they turned out pretty good! We started by reading the Christmas Story out of Abi's book and when we got to the last page with baby Jesus, she kissed the page, so sweet!!! Abi loved her gifts and books!
We went to Josh's Aunt and Uncles for breakfast, hang out time with the cousins, and more gifts. At this point Abi was not feeling good and we could tell she was getting a little sick. The night before she fell asleep on me, which she never does. She had a slight fever all Christmas Day and was not herself. She had rosy cheeks all day and was pretty out of it most of the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment